Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Unexpected Surprise Part 2....

Well I went to the doctor today for a prenatal interview and labs. So I guess it is official! I am about 11 weeks pregnant. They didn't tell me what my official due date is but I think it is around November 7th (my dad's birthday). I knew I was pregnant a long time ago because I started to gag when I brushed my teeth. Now I have full blown all day sickness. It really stinks!! The good news is I lost 6 pounds last week and still got to eat whatever! We were very surprised about our news since Lilly is only 9 1/2 months old. I know we can handle another baby though because Leila and Cole are only a couple days shy of 14 months apart. We are very excited but a little nervous that Lilly won't even be walking yet. She rolled over one time on accident and has shown no interest in crawling. She hates to be on her stomach!! The doctor is a little concerned and referred us to a physical therapist. If within a couple weeks of working with the physical therapist she hasn't improved we will be referred to a pediatric neurologist. The doctor is concerned she might have cerebral palsy. When he tested her reflexes at her last appointment she reacted too much he said. They look for only one small jerk of the leg but her legs jerk a couple times. He said that is a sign of cerebral palsy. I sure hope it is not!! I don't want anything to be wrong with my little cuddle bug! She is the sweetest baby!

3 comments:

Marianne said...

How exciting. Congrats on expecting #4. Hopefully things goes well at your dr. appointment for Lilly. I will keep you in my prayers. You have an adorable family.

aidanjordan said...

Don't worry, JoJo. I am sure Lilly will be fine. She just loves to be held by her mommy!

Micah and Callie Andersen said...

Congrats on baby #4. As far as Lilly goes, i wouldn't be to worried. I know a few people from church whose 3rd and 4th children didn't show any desire to crawl b/c they were held all the time. One little girl who is Gareth's age, didn't even start to crawl until she was almost a year and then didn't walk until she was 18 mos. I wouldn't stress it to much, i'm sure she is fine.